- “fireside chat” or panel style (no slides) hosted by nonprofit intermediary such as Financial Security Program team at the Aspen Institute and featuring discussion led by 2 of our investee/partners and Darlene Goins, Head of the Banking Inclusion Initiative
- Will have Q&A
- Participants will introduce themselves.
- Aspen Institute leader will kick off by briefly synthesizing the need for and challenges in issuing government to people payments as highlighted by the pandemic. They will share more regarding Aspen’s recent focus in this area, the tie-in they see to financial inclusion, and upcoming research and initiatives.
- We will then have a dynamic discussion with panelists where they are asked 3-4 questions re: the nature of and what to do about those challenges, the role of innovators, and areas of partnership opportunities. Follow up questions will explore the role of the private sector, required infrastructure and tools, consumer experiences with innovative solutions and payment platforms, remaining barriers, and how G2P can be an on-ramp to financial inclusion.
- Darlene Goins will specifically focus on why BII sees G2P as an area of opportunity tied to financial inclusion, the landscape of possible solutions, and how we are supporting partners in this space.
- We will close by having each partner issue a single call to action to audience.
- we will open up for Q&A for 10 minutes
Innovations to Support Government to People Payments
Fireside Chat (3 speakers maximum)
Deliver Equity and Inclusion; Power and Capital
Purpose and Desired Outcome
We hope to call attention to the need for effective, affordable, and accessible solutions for G2P and spotlight promising opportunities for social investors, nonprofits, and companies in this space. We would measure success by outreach and engagement, including G2B and B2B partnerships, following the event for BII, Aspen, Mocafi, Leapfund, and any of its partners. As we will also issue a call to action to sign on to advocacy efforts being led by the Aspen Institute for a National Financial Inclusion Commission, we will also measure our success by new signees to the letter.
Allocators (Family Offices, HNW Individuals, Foundations)
Accelerators & Incubators
Intermediaries (Financial Advisers, Investment Bankers)
Corporate & SME
- NameDarlene Goins
- TitleHead of Banking Inclusion Initiative
- OrganizationWells Fargo
- NameWole Coaxum
- NameKate Griffin
- TitleDirector for Building Inclusive Financial Systems
- OrganizationAspen Institute