“Frontline worker” became a household term in 2020 as workers risked their lives to meet essential societal needs for us all. As life gradually returns to normal, we owe frontline workers a debt of gratitude and more than short-term bonus payments.
This session will discuss innovative business models and impact investment strategies to improve workforce access, quality and development for frontline workers. We will hear from growth-stage companies improving access & flexibility and/or offering income advancement & training opportunities for workers in healthcare, e-commerce & logistics, food, and manufacturing. We’ll also hear from investors seeking to scale those models on the investment challenges and opportunities therein.
Discussion leaders to include:
- Stephanie Nieman, Managing Director, Leeds Illuminate (moderator & investor in companies supporting frontline workers)
- Ebony Pope, Principal, Rethink Education (investor who’s active in talent mobility solutions for frontline workers)
- CEO of a growth-stage staffing platform for flexible jobs in the light industrial sector
- CEO of a growth-stage staffing platform for CNA and nursing jobs in healthcare facilities
- CEO of a growth-stage company providing ongoing training opportunities and career pathways for frontline healthcare workers
- Active audience participation and dedicated time to share participant ideas to further support frontline workers