Long before ESG became a household acronym, the nonprofit B Lab introduced the corporate frameworks of Benefit Corporations and Benefit LLC’s. Over the last decade, these frameworks have gained widespread acceptance by corporate lawyers and institutional investors as legitimate frameworks for scaling social enterprise. This workshop will cover:
1) The evolution of Benefit Corporations and Benefit LLC’s and statutory adoption among States.
2) The often confused distinctions between Benefit Corporations and Certified B Corps, and how they relate.
3) The variations among State benefit standards and what they mean for your company (e.g. California v. Delaware v. Georgia).
4) How to properly implement Benefit structures and best Benefit practices into your business.
5) How the Benefit structure relates to B Corp certifications.
6) Long range outlooks in working with investors and going public with Benefit structures.