- Globally about 4 billion people, half of the global population, lack access to clean, modern cooking services.
- This issue is costing the world’s economy approximately $2.4trillion each year due to adverse impact on health, the climate and the livelihoods of women and girls.
- In addition approximately 4 million people, mainly women, die prematurely due to household air pollution each year.
- While LPG has been the biggest global solution of the last 50 years, it hasn’t achieved significant traction in the global Base of Pyramid (BoP) for a variety of reasons we will discuss.
- To solve clean cooking for these 4 billion people, other more efficient, affordable, sustainable and scalable solutions are likely required.
- ATEC*, as a Pay-As-You-Go clean cooking social enterprise, sees the technology with the greatest potential to solve clean cooking for the BoP to be electromagnetic induction stoves.
- We came to this conclusion using a combination of technical analysis, modelling and framework tools, one of the most useful public tools being ESMAP Multi-tier Framework (MTF).
- ATEC* and our PAYGO software partner Angaza will present the reasoning in detail and welcome debate and discussion
Why paygo electromagnetic induction will be the #1 technology to solve clean cooking
Clean Cooking & SDG7
Purpose and Desired Outcome
Outline the macro and technology reasons as to why paygo electromagnetic induction will disrupt the clean cooking sector and become the leading technology by 2030
Allocators (Family Offices, HNW Individuals, Foundations)
Intermediaries (Financial Advisers, Investment Bankers)
Corporate & SME
- NameBen Jeffreys
- OrganizationATEC International
- NameLeslie Marincola