Gender Lens Investing Champions Breakfast
The second (and final) Gender Lens Investing Champions Breakfast at SOCAP18 will take place in the Big Top Tent today between 7:30 AM – 8:30 AM. Start your Thursday morning with the gender lens investing community.
Check out today’s Festival Mainstage Schedule. The great conversations begin with a morning session from 9:00 am to 11:30 am and conclude with an afternoon session from 2:00 pm to 5:30 pm.
Book Signings In the Festival Pavilion Marketplace
A number of books written by SOCAP18 speakers are available for sale at the Marketplace in Festival Pavilion. Several of our speakers will be making appearances in the bookstore to sign copies of their important works. Here is a list of today’s scheduled book signings.
11:30am – 12pm: Vikram Akula will be signing copies of A Fistful of Rice: My Unexpected Quest to End Poverty Through Profitability. (Akula will be giving away a limited number of copies of A Fistful of Rice away for free. Arrive early to get your free signed copy)
12 – 12:30pm: Edgar Villanueva will be signing Decolonizing Wealth.
12:30 – 1pm: Morgan Simon will be signing Real Impact.
5 – 5:30pm: Marianne Schnall What Will It Take to Make a Woman President.
Visit the Social Entrepreneur Marketplace
If you have not yet had a chance to visit the Social Entrepreneur Marketplace in Festival Pavilion, stop by today between 8:30 am and 6:30 pm to shop for ethically and sustainably produced products from around the world.
SOCAP18 Marketplace Entrepreneurs
- Black Mamba Foods: fair-trade, gourmet chilli products.
- Adelante Shoes: sustainable, high quality leather footwear.
- ZEGO: nutrition-packed seed and fruit snacks for special diets–allergen free to diabetic.
- Burlap and Barrel: unique spices sourced directly from smallholder farmers and cooperatives.
- Pulp Pantry: delicious snacks made from fruit and vegetable by-products to reduce food waste.
- Acari: sustainable seafood products.
- EllieFunDay: organic baby blankets made by marginalized women in India.
- Purosol: solar dehydrated fruit snacks and bars supporting low-income families.
- Relevée: a socially-conscious fine jewelry brand that features ethically sourced material.
- Rayito de Luna: sustainable and natural personal care products for men and women.
Pick Up Your SOCAP18 Pint Glass
While you are at the Marketplace, make sure to pick up your free SOCAP pint glass. You should have received a voucher for your pint glass with your badge when you registered.
If there is a topic or focus area you haven’t yet seen at SOCAP–start the conversation yourself. Everyone at SOCAP18 is invited to convene your own community discussion. If you need assistance, go to the host station at the front of Festival Pavilion and a SOCAP volunteer will help you find a time and an on-campus location where you can meet and add it to Pathable.
Don’t miss this beloved SOCAP tradition. SOCAP’s biggest party of the year is tonight in front of Festival Pavilion between 5:30 pm and 9:30 pm. You’ll enjoy live music and innovative and fun cuisine from some of San Francisco’s best food trucks while meeting friends, colleagues, and valuable strangers. Expect delicious food, great conversations, and dancing.