Code of Conduct
As part of creating a safe, positive environment for our community, SOCAP Global asks all community members interacting and engaging on our platforms to agree with the following code of conduct.
Our top priority at SOCAP Global is to create a safe, collaborative environment for participants to connect, learn, and grow together. We understand some of the topics we will discuss have a high level of sensitivity and/or contrasting viewpoints. Participants are free to examine and discuss all questions of interest to them and to express opinions publicly and privately, as long as it is done in a respectful way that encourages collaborative discussion.
To ensure a productive experience for all, we expect participants to follow our code of conduct.
We reserve the right to delete any message on any platform that is inflammatory, racist, defamatory or that we deem inappropriate in any way.
Code of Conduct:
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative when exchanging ideas, listening, and talking to other participants. Focus on constructive learning, rather than shaming.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behavior and speech (both verbally and in the chat). Trolling, harassing, or any other forms of intimidation or disruption of discussions will not be tolerated.
- Exchange ideas by orderly means that do not disrupt plenaries, sessions, or break-outs. If you feel a conversation needs to be continued, please table it until a more appropriate time for more in-depth conversations, such as a networking break.
- Follow directions and requests from SOCAP Global staff. You are expected to comply with requests and directions from SOCAP staff members immediately.
- Alert SOCAP staff if you have experienced or witnessed any code of conduct violations. Direct message any identifiable SOCAP staff member or email us at [email protected].
What Constitutes Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behaviors may include but are not limited to:
- Harassment, discrimination, or hate speech of any kind. This includes sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes, language, or images. Any form of “othering” as it might relate to political or faith affiliation, socio-economic, or regional prejudices. Any comments that target someone’s characteristic(s) as stated above.
- Harassment, condescension, trolling, or any other forms of deliberate intimidation or disruption of discussions will not be tolerated.
- Showcasing or promoting any illegal substance in conversation, chat, photo or video.
- Failure to follow the stated event policies or requests and instruction of the event staff.
Unacceptable behavior and violation of our code of conduct will not be tolerated. Anyone asked to stop engaging in unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately. The event organizers may take action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the event without warning or refund, and if appropriate, the involvement of law enforcement. Breaches of this Code of Conduct may also result in disqualification from participating in future events.
How to Report Unacceptable Behavior
See something, say something! If you experience or witness harassment, discrimination, bullying, or any other conduct that violations the Community Values and Code of Conduct, please contact us to report the incident immediately. You may request that your report remain completely confidential.
For questions regarding SOCAP events, please contact: [email protected]
Together, we can ensure that the SOCAP Global platform remains a safe, positive, and collaborative learning environment.