There is a lot going on at SOCAP19 today, culminating in our big party tonight!
Visit the SOCAP19 Marketplace
If you have not yet had a chance to visit the Social Entrepreneur Marketplace located in the center of Festival Pavilion, stop by today between 8:30 AM and 6:30 PM to shop for ethically and sustainably produced products from around the world. Grab a souvenir to take home from SOCAP19 or do some early holiday shopping and support high-impact social ventures including:
- Adelante Shoes: sustainable, high quality leather footwear.
- ZEGO: nutrition-packed seed and fruit snacks for special diets–allergen free to diabetic.
- EllieFunDay: organic baby blankets made by marginalized women in India.
- NAECO: beautiful, functional alternatives to single-use plastics.
- Vava Coffee: Specialty coffee ethically sourced from small-holder East African farmers
- SOKO: women-led, ethically produced, sustainably sourced jewelry and accessories.
- Waykana: Energy tea featuring organically produced, fair trade guayusa.
- SoulMuch: delicious snacks that combat food waste and promote sustainability.
- Cherehani Africa: beautiful handicrafts made by women, girls, and people with disabilities in underserved markets in Africa.
Breakfast and Lunch
Acre Gourmet will be serving meals buffet style in Festival:
- Breakfast will be served between 7:30 AM and 9:30 AM.
- Lunch will be served between 12 PM and 2 PM.
Thursday Plenary: The Numbers Matter
This work is often instinctual and experiential – designing solutions from lived experience of where equity, justice, and sustainability are lacking. But data that reveals hidden patterns and truths, and evidence that supports what is working are essential guideposts for directing the passion and persistence of this field. In the SOCAP19 Thursday evening plenary, leading researchers and those that have been influenced by the numbers will discuss how we can override our implicit bias and redesign a new economy that enables everyone to thrive.
- Neil Buddy Shah / IDinsight
- Jennifer Eberhardt / Stanford SPARQ
- Ashby Monk / Stanford Global Projects Center
- Daryn Dodson / Illumen Capital
- Miljana Vujosevic / Prudential
- Rip Rapson / Kresge Foundation
- Susan Taylor Batten / ABFE
- Marjorie Kelly / Democracy Collaborative
- Ted Howard / Democracy Collaborative
- Oscar Perry Abello / Next City
- Lynne Twist / The Soul of Money Institute
- Brent Kessel / Abacus Wealth Partners
- Kate Byrne / Intentional Media
The Thursday evening plenary will begin at 4 PM on the Cowell Theater Mainstage. The conversation will also be livestreamed on a big screen in the Big Top Tent.
SOCAP19 Food Truck Party – Tonight! 5:30 PM to 9:30 PM
SOCAP’s biggest party is tonight! San Francisco’s best food trucks will be parked all around the entrance to Festival Pavilion. Expect live music, delicious food, great conversations, and dancing.
Schedule a Braindate Today
Braindates has already helped facilitate 500+ connections at SOCAP19! The Braindate Lounge will be hosting group braindates on 55 topics over the next two days including:
- Becoming a Catalyst for Global Change: Building a Network of Impact-Driven Capital & Companies
- How does your faith affect the way you view investing?
- Hiring in emerging markets: Sharing lessons learnt for startups and scaling impact ventures
- I’m doing qualitative research on the place spirituality enjoys in organizations like yours.
- Can digital alternative currencies help reach equity goals, through UBI or other strategies?
- What are some best practice accelerators can use to catalyze ventures?
Book braindates and suggest new topics at socap.braindate.com
- Tomorrow is the last day of SOCAP19, but the conversations will continue. Don’t miss out on the final, and some say, the best day of SOCAP.
- If you haven’t had a chance to take a yoga class yet, Marlon Hall will be offering the final 45 minute yoga session of SOCAP19, next to the Firehouse starting at 7:30AM.