Designed for You and What You Need to Advance Your Mission
With an agenda designed to facilitate connections and nurture action, SOCAP23 builds on more than 15 years of annual gatherings to drive global impact conversations. Built around the theme of Facing Urgency: Impact at the Speed of Trust, the SOCAP23 framework is grounded in the people and organizations doing the work and facilitating capital flow to help drive us all toward solutions.
Each year at our flagship event, SOCAP convenes the impact community with a clear intention: to facilitate impact across silos, geographies, approaches, and philosophies and to accelerate the development of meaningful, critical relationships. The results: accelerated trust and impact on a global scale.
“The challenges we face as humanity are systemic and complex. Yet, we continue to attempt to solve them from within the silos we have created for ourselves, including across our multiple verticals and global dividing lines,” said Michelle Arévalo-Carpenter, SOCAP Global’s Executive Director of Strategy & Content. “SOCAP’s main value proposition as the ‘Big Tent’ of the impact ecosystem is to convene leaders across geographies, asset classes, and segments of the investment continuum, eliminating those silos to catalyze impact.”
The SOCAP Global conference is the largest convening of its kind, showcasing a powerful collective experience. It is designed to meet attendees’ individual needs and help them drive their mission forward. With a focus on conversations and serendipitous opportunities to connect, the SOCAP23 agenda puts attendees in the driver’s seat. To root content in equity and diversity, this year, SOCAP evolved the curation process to incorporate a more distributed approach to conference programming. Along with those selected through SOCAP Open, the sessions within each content track for SOCAP23 have been co-created and curated by Content Curation Councils of 39 experts from around the world, working closely with our content and production teams.
What’s New at SOCAP23?
With three full days of content, conversations, and relationship-building, the agenda makes the most of our time together in San Francisco. While speakers and a few additional sessions are being finalized, we’re eager to share the agenda so you can plan your SOCAP23 schedule. (Keep an eye out for updates in the coming weeks!) Here’s a look at a few of the essential agenda elements that make SOCAP23 so important:
- An opening and closing plenary dedicated to exploring our theme – Facing Urgency: Impact at the Speed of Trust – as a single community of impact.
- Nine topical tracks and three global tracks are within the agenda for those looking for connections across themes, geographies, and interests. The location of session tracks within our venue will help facilitate serendipitous meetings of likely partners and other collaborators.
- An entire track focused on networking. This includes sessions dedicated to building intentional connections: facilitated geographic meet-ups, themed speed networking, workshops to explore hot topics as a collective, and well-being sessions to connect around purpose — all under a single category and always available for those who want to take a content break and dive into connections.
- In addition, Brella, our event app, is geared toward networking and matchmaking. In addition to viewing the agenda and the profiles of other attendees, you will be able to quickly find people who share your interests and goals and easily set up virtual or in-person meetings.
- Live music and art integrated throughout the event and throughout the creative setting at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts, reinforcing the role of artists in social and cultural change.
- Amplified global focus to address worldwide challenges, including regional content tracks, international speakers, and an effort to convene attendees from around the world.
- Content curated by a diverse and prominent group of global impact professionals, featuring fewer and longer sessions with more focus to emphasize connection toward concerted action.
- Launch of our new hybrid Entrepreneur Program with impact storytelling sessions by founders on the main stage.