Learn how impact leaders are taking action and identifying solutions to social and environmental challenges.
SOCAP22 convened at a critical time in history. After a two-year in-person hiatus following the COVID-19 pandemic, the SOCAP community gathered with urgency and a focus on radical collaboration. The event’s “Moments to Movements” theme aimed to collectively turn the pivotal moments of the last three years into sustained, resilient, impactful movements.
We invite you to explore 10 conversations from SOCAP22 that have yet to be released. Focused on taking action with examples of innovative solutions in climate, health care, education, technology, housing, and more, these sessions feature leaders in the impact space who share new ways of thinking to inspire sustained, systemic change and offer replicable examples of working together to transform intersecting systems.
Sign up here to listen on demand! We’ll send access to the 10 audio sessions directly to your inbox — including a special password to listen to the conversations. (View the full list of included sessions below!)
10 Exclusive Conversations From SOCAP22
Taking Action on Housing Insecurity: Solutions from Unconventional Investors and New-Tech Startups: Three unconventional investors share their trials and tribulations in using impact investments to eliminate housing insecurity.
- Tom Uhlman, New Venture Partners
- Meera Siva, Habitat for Humanity International
- Timothy Rann, Mercy Corps Ventures
Taking Action on Food Waste: Solutions from Innovators at the Intersection of Climate and Agriculture: Entrepreneurs and investors share how they are turning food waste into a final product with innovative technologies and intersectional approaches.
- Christopher Wayne, Acumen
- Melissa Tickle, FINCA Ventures
- Tei Mukunya Oundo, Nutrition Solutions Africa, NatureLock Foods
- Andrew Wallace, Chanzi
Taking Action on Gender Equity: Solutions for Investing in Women-Led Businesses: Learn how investors and businesses can identify, structure, and implement best practices to advance gender equity.
- Lisa Willems, AlphaMundi
- Yasmina Zaidman, Acumen
- Benjamin Prinz, Agilis Partners
- Willy Foote, Root Capital
Taking Action on Real Estate: Solutions for Driving Prosperity, Equity and Community Through the Built Environment: Real estate practitioners discuss how community-driven development can create meaningful, measurable impact.
- Timothy Baylor, JADT Development Group, LLC
- Jake McKinstry, Spectrum Development Solutions
- Cathy Reines, Koz Development
- Nina Tschinkel, Catalyst Opportunity Funds
Taking Action on Climate: Solutions from Fintech and Web3 for Climate Resilience: Explore how to break through the hype of the Web3 movement to provide tangible results for the planet and those most impacted by climate change.
- Timothy Rann, Mercy Corps Ventures
- A. Nirvaan Ranganathan, Climate Collective
- Gregory Landua, Regen Network Development, Inc
- Claire Gagne, RangeCarbon
- Mercedes Bidart, Quipu Bank
Taking Action on Healthcare: Solutions for Driving Greater Health Outcomes and Reducing Systemic Disparity: Leaders in major health systems discuss the role private capital plays in health outcomes, the most impactful investment strategies, and more.
- Pablo Bravo, CommonSpirit Health
- Andy McMahon, UnitedHealthcare
- Jeremy Keele, Catalyst Opportunity Funds
Taking Action on Education: Solutions for Pre-K Learning Success: Learn how an innovative public-private partnership, outcomes orientation, and local leadership were critical to maintaining a continued focus on student learning and attainment during COVID.
Taking Action on the Entrepreneurial Ecosystem: Solutions for Accelerating Impact Entrepreneurs: Get the inside story on three innovative models accelerating impact entrepreneurs who are focused on fighting poverty, launching ventures to help address the SDGs, and supporting a more diverse social innovation ecosystem.
- Aaron Walker, Camelback Ventures
- Arielle Berghammer-Ziegler, Chemonics/Unleash
- Sergio Marrero, Blue Ridge Labs @ Robin Hood
Taking Action on Big-Ag: Solutions for Revitalizing Indigenous First Foods: Indigenous experts working in various aspects of the food sovereignty and first-foods realm share how investing in Indigenous foodways, traditional ecological knowledge, and ideologies can curb the climate crisis and introduce a regenerative economy.
- Anthony Warrior, WarriorsPalate Catering and Consulting
- Laura One Feather, Great Plains Action Society
- Shelley Buffalo, Great Plains Action Society
- Sikowis Nobiss, Great Plains Action Society
Taking Action on Philanthropy: Solutions for Advancing Public Interest Technology: This session explores the investment that is necessary to build the ground force of diverse talent across all technology sectors — and why it’s vital to do so.