Thank you for your involvement with the Good Capital Project over the last several months. We deeply appreciate your time, interest, feedback, and ideas.
Our Grand Challenge design sessions, workshops, and one-on-one interactions with you, helped us identify and understand the critical challenges of the impact industry and their likely solutions. The GCP Design Lab is now advancing to the prototype stage wherein it will develop – in partnership and collaboration with other stakeholders – prototypes of initiatives to address some of these challenges.
Towards that goal, we are happy to announce our proposed capacity-building and field-building efforts.
Initiatives to develop human capital to
grow and strengthen the impact industry
- University Impact Portfolio Challenge: An annual 100% impact portfolio challenge for university students to compete and gain hands-on impact investing experience.
- Social Entrepreneur Launchpad: A comprehensive resource center for social entrepreneurs featuring standardized accelerator applications, templates for legal structures, local resources, best practices, and networking capabilities.
- Blended Finance Program: An educational program teaching new investment banking capabilities that blend innovations from development agencies and foundations with expertise from major financial institutions.
- Impact Advisory Program: An educational program for financial advisors to learn the fundamentals of impact investing.
Initiatives to establish key infrastructure to
support the growth of the impact ecosystem.
- Total Impact Conferences: More concerted, and focused convening efforts dedicated to practical education and advice for investors and advisors to adopt more socially responsible investment strategies. We are proud to launch the first Total Impact event this April!
- The Impact Innovation Awards: An annual awards event celebrating deals that exemplify impact principles across sectors, asset classes, and geographies.
- The Impact Intermediary Initiative: A feasibility project focused on designing an impact-dedicated financial intermediary at scale.
- SDG Product & Distribution Design: A feasibility project focused on designing investment vehicles aligned with the SDGs.
To enable these initiatives, the GCP Design Lab is actively engaging with stakeholders across the spectrum. If you or your organization would like to share your insights or partner with us on these proposed initiatives, please get in touch by emailing Sharadiya Dasgupta at [email protected]
We look forward to your continued involvement as we move ahead.
Thank you very much for joining forces with us in our endeavor to drive more capital towards purpose-driven investments!